Saturday, January 3, 2009

Through the Viewfinder (TTV)

So Mindy picked me up this sweet vintage 50's camera for Christmas. I quickly fabricated a box thingy out of cardboard and tape to block out light from the viewfinder, and to take photos, I stuck my digital camera down the box tube thingy and took shots through the viewfinder. Below are photos of my camera with box thingy attached and a few of the pics I've taken through it.

Camera with box tube thingy

Looking down the tube at the viewfinder

One of the first photos taken of a flower in our backyard
Mindy and I stopped off the side of the road and got a few pics with the new camera. These photos were taken before I took the camera apart and cleaned off the viewfinder lenses.




One of Avery's Christmas gifts from Pop-Pop and Gaingy Knudsen, a Domo plush toy

And, of course, Avery Pics







ert

7 comments:

anjuli paschall said...

i love these pictures! Avery and her ties are my favorite! We loved spending time with you guys. thanks for hanging and letting Manoah destroy your house. That fire was the best :)

littlemissmk said...

love these. you guys take such great pictures. so creative.

JonnyUps said...

teach me!

Jessica said...

I want to see this camera!! I love the pic of you two sitting in the weeds....it reminds me of an old photograph that someone would have of their grandparents......

BRAVO!!

Bobby Earle said...

What the?!?! That's freaking awesome!

The Montgomerys said...

dude, you got some TALENT. i love the concept/pictures. the one of the brown monster reminds me of a picture involving God killing kittens. do you know it?

Nick said...

Thanks!

As for the God killing kittens thing, I googled it and I think your right. The little plush toy that Avery got for Christmas looks to be the creature God uses to kills kittens because of unruly behavior in women. Wow, we sure picked a great toy out for our kid with such a rich history.